Like Larry the Flying Guy on Facebook!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

How I spent my Labor Day

By coincidence, I haven't had a Labor Day off since I started laboring here. Two years ago, I started IOE (Initial Operating Experience) on Labor Day. Last year, I was working a schedule that was every Friday-Monday so I could teach my Private Pilot ground school at LCCC on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This year, I'm in St. Louis undergoing transition training into the ERJ-145.

Since I'm busy studying for next week's checkride, this post will be just some pictures of how I spent my Labor Day weekend. Enjoy!





Here's a quick, fun video from United that shows a bit of what my life has been like this week (although I fly for United Express, not United, so I'm in St. Louis instead):




Like Larry the Flying Guy on Facebook:





The author is an airline pilot, flight instructor, and adjunct college professor teaching aviation ground schools. He holds an ATP certificate with a DHC-8 type rating, as well as CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, and IGI certificates, and is a Master-level participant in the FAA's WINGS program and a former FAASafety Team representative. He is on Facebook as Larry the Flying Guy, has a Larry the Flying Guy YouTube channel, and is on Twitter as @Lairspeed.

It takes hours of work to bring each Keyboard & Rudder post to you. If you've found it useful, please consider making an easy one-time or recurring donation via PayPal in any amount you choose.


No comments:

Post a Comment