Like Larry the Flying Guy on Facebook!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Airport for aliens?

I'm minding my own business, innocently wandering around a sectional chart, and I come across an oddly-shaped restricted area (R-4404) in Mississippi:

Excerpt from VFRmap.com
So I switch over to the satellite view of the area in Google Maps:

From Google Maps. Click image to embiggen.
I don't know what that V-shaped thing is, but it's obviously huge. So I zoom in a bit:
From Google Maps. Click image to embiggen.
Now the "X Files" music starts to play in my head, because I obviously have stumbled across a super-secret alien landing strip built for them by the military. It all fits: strange shape, remote area, protected airspace, the inexplicable popularity of Miley Cyrus... this explains it all! So I zoom all the way in, listening for black helicopters hovering outside my window, and find this:
From Google Maps. Click image to embiggen.
Turns out it's just a gigantic bull's eye that the Navy uses to teach their pilots the art of bombing. Looks like I'll have to go back to using chemtrails to explain the record sales of Miley Cyrus.

No comments:

Post a Comment